Lights and Carols and Hot Chocolate, Oh My!

David Exley

Student Government poses in front of Jesuit’s Age Quod Agis worthy Christmas Tree.

Do you enjoy listening to Christmas carols while drinking customized hot chocolate? Do you like to build your Christmas Spirit surrounded by friends and festive decorations? 

If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, Sader Lights is where you need to be on Friday, December 10th, from 5:00-7:30 p.m. 

Happening during Jesuit’s men and women’s double-header basketball games, Sader Lights will feature a hot chocolate bar, performances from Jesuit’s choir, and fun Christmas decorations. 

Sophomore and student government representative Sabatino Stacchi helped plan the event.

“We have lots of lights left over from Christmas in years past, so we took inventory of what lights we already had,” Stacchi said. “We are decorating all throughout freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior hall, as well as the tree and outside, so we decided to order some more lights. We then planned how we wanted to decorate, centered around our tree.”

The Jesuit Christmas tree will be the star of Sader Lights. On Wednesday, December 1st, Student Government representatives, including senior Chase Kerman, ventured out to Furlow Farms in Hillsboro to find the perfect tree for the school.

“We had just walked away from some other trees when we saw this one in the distance,” Kerman said. “At first we all thought the tree was way too big, but this is Jesuit; Age Quod Agis applies to everything, so if you’re going to find a Christmas tree, you better find a good one.” 

While Sader Lights is a fun way to get into the Christmas Spirit, junior student government representative Caitlin Thomas wants to emphasize that Sader Lights is a fundraiser for Jesuit’s Annual Food Drive.

“To get into the basketball games, and also Sader Lights, you can either give 2 dollars or 2 cans of food,” Thomas said. “All of the donations are going towards the Food Drive. It also just helps build the Christmas Spirit and promotes people to get involved in the Food Drive.”

Remember to show up on Friday, December 10th, to support our basketball teams, to get into the Christmas Spirit, and to contribute to the Food Drive!