RECAP: Men On Boats has Audience River-ted.

Elaine Kloser

The cast of MEN ON BOATS at the Alumni Quad. Photo provided by Elaine Kloser.

The Jesuit Drama Department premiered it’s production of Men On Boats through December 2-5, running four total productions to an in person audience.

Men On Boats is “a satirical comedy about the 10 men who were on a journey founded by the government down the Colorado river to explore the Grand Canyon,” said junior and actress Abril Miranda Parra.

The show followed a new method of storytelling, using “diverse, non-men actors in order to give opportunities to young people who were not often represented in white, heterosexual, cis-gendered dominated productions,” Parra said.

Work on the show started weeks beforehand, with tech theater students and volunteers building the set of the Grand Canyon.

“The set took a lot of work, but I’m really happy how it turned out,” sophomore and tech theater student Bennett Ptak said.

The show involved 10 cast members, and involved dozens of tech theater students and volunteers. Sophomore Amelia Loop worked as Front of House, managing volunteer ushers and helping the audience.

“So I worked in Front of House, which involved sort of managing the ushers and helping the audience with seating and any questions they had,” Loop said.

The production was a smashing success, receiving excellent reviews and being a favorite among students and the audience.

“It was a great show and experience. I’m really happy that I was able to work on it with everyone else,” Ptak said.