Jesuit Women’s Basketball moves on to the semifinals after buzzer beater finish

The+Jesuit+Student+section+watches+the+quarterfinals+game+against+Willamette+with+anticipation.+

Caitlin Thomas

The Jesuit Student section watches the quarterfinals game against Willamette with anticipation.

Number 1 ranked Jesuit Women’s Basketball played number 8 ranked Willamette in the quarterfinals of the OSAA 6A Basketball playoffs today.

With the game beginning at 1:30pm, Jesuit students were allowed to leave school early to attend the game after having their parents sign a permission slip. Many students chose to make the trip out to the Chiles Center on the University of Portland’s campus.

Grace Clark, a freshman at Jesuit, was enthusiastic to watch the big game.

“I decided to come support my friends and my fellow Jesuit students,” said Clark.

Senior Nico Hidalgo looked forward to seeing Jesuit secure the win.

“I think it’s going to be a big W for Jesuit,” said Hidalgo. “I think we definitely have got this!”

After a close game with neither Willamette or Jesuit taking a significant lead at any point, Emma Sixta hit the buzzer beater shot in the final seconds of the game to secure the win for the Saders.

Natalie Sartell, another senior who attended the game, was amazed at the nailbiter finish.

“It was incredible. I was on the edge of my seat,” said Sartell. “What a great win for the Saders!”

With Jesuit’s 58-55 win over Willamette, they move onto the semifinals game at 1:30pm on March 10th.

Number 4 ranked Beaverton and number 5 ranked Clackamas started their 3:15 pm game shortly after Jesuit took the court to determine who will face off against Saders.