Twilight Relays Recap

Jesuit Photography

Twilight Relays took over Jesuit’s track on April 28th, with many competing teams visiting from around the region.

On Friday May 3rd, 121 schools arrived at Jesuit for the 21st annual Nike/Jesuit Twilight Relays, consisting of some of the best track and field athletes from the Pacific Northwest.

With great conditions for both the track and field, over 350 athletes broke their personal best times throughout the day. Along with personal records, many athletes’ times, throws, and jumps were in the top ten for high schoolers this year.

Senior women’s long jumper Sophia Beckmon from Oregon City jumped 22’4, the second longest high school jump ever, and the best high school jump this year by over 1 foot 6 inches.

Junior women’s sprinter Mia Brahe-Pedersen for Lake Oswego ran 11.07 in the Elite 100 meter dash, which would have been the state record but it was over the 2.0 wind standard. This time is now the best high school 100 meter dash in the country.

In the men’s Elite Mile, 12 athletes broke the 4:10 threshold, with Rocky Mountain’s Tyler Sainsbury winning with a time of 4:05.41, the fifth best high school mile this year.

Senior men’s javelin thrower Austin Milton from Sherwood threw 209’0, the second longest throw for high school in the country this year.

The Jesuit men’s and women’s team both competed at the meet, where the Jesuit women’s team placed 3rd overall. Many Jesuit athletes competed at the highest level, and had great times to show for it.

For the Jesuit women’s team, Amalie Beil won the 1500 with a personal best time of 4:41.26, Lilliana Hudnut placed third in the 3200 with a time of 10:57.58, Iman Foster placed second in the long jump with a personal best jump of 17’04.50, Cameron Gatlin placed 6th in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 15.71, Maura O’Scannlain placed 8th in the Elite Mile, Gabriella Feleciano placed 7th in the high jump clearing 5-03.00, and the women’s 4×400 and 4×800 team both placed 3rd.

For the Jesuit men’s team, Gus Clevenger got second place in the 3200 with a time of 8:58:84, Josh Augustine and Jacob Nenow placed 16th and 17th in the men’s Elite Mile with times of 4:11.15 and 4:11.75, and Roice Cleeland placed 8th in the shot put with a throw of 47-08.50.

Jesuit’s next meet is this Saturday May 6th, at the Secure Storage Summit Invitational in Bend.