Recap: Jesuit drops fourth in a row to Tualatin, 42-10

Jesuit Media
Jesuit fell to 0-4 after losing 42-10 to Taulatin. They begin Metro League play next week.

The 3-0 Tualatin Timberwolves headed into Cronin Field to take on the 0-3 Jesuit Crusaders on friday. As for OSAA rankings, Tualatin came into the game ranked #2 and Jesuit ranked #23 in the state.

As the captains for both teams met at the 50, Jesuit won the coin toss and elected to defer to the second half. As a result, Tualatin started the game at their own 25 yard line after a touchback from kicker Kadyn Butcher. Led by Quarterback Nolan Keeney, Tualatin marched down the field with ease as the drive was capped off by a 25 yard run from Keeney, giving Tualatin a early 7-0 lead.

After back and forth punts for both teams, Jesuit had great field position on about the 45 yard line. However, on the very first play of the drive for the Crusaders, Tualatin stripped the ball away from Jesuit resulting in a turnover. Tualatin quickly moved the ball down the field, and capitalized off the turnover with yet another rushing touchdown for Keeney.

After back-to-back penalties resulting in a 3 and out for the Crusaders, Keeney found Colorado State Commit Aj Nonald on a go route resulting in a 60 yard touchdown. Then on the ensuing drive for Tualatin, Keeny found tight end Tyson Hunt for a 10 yard touchdown making the score 28-0.

After a huge run from Quarterback Traynor Cleeland, the Crusaders found the red zone for the first time tonight. With the ball at the 10 yard line, Cleeland finds running back Julius Christensen out of the back field for a touchdown.

With about two minutes left in the half, Jesuit’s Matt Eilers was able to force an interception from Keeney. The Crusaders, however, were unable to capitalize as Tualatin went into halftime with a 28-7 lead.

Out of halftime, Jesuit marched down the field with another huge run for Cleeland. But the Crusader’s couldn’t find the end zone, so they settled for a 37 yard field goal from Butcher, making the score 28-10.

As the struggles continued for the Crusader defense, Arizona State commit Jayden Fortier broke four tackles and found his way to the endzone for a 39 yard rushing touchdown.

Down 42-10 with 7 minutes left on the clock, Cleeland connected deep to Jace Burton for a 40 yard catch down to the 10 yard line. Then two plays later, Cleeland found Burton in the endzone for a three yard touchdown. As the clock expired at Cronin Field, the scoreboard read 42-17 Tualatin.

The Crusaders move to 0-4 on the year as Metro league play gets started next week, where the Crusaders head to Aloha on Thursday.