New location, new options at 2023 club fair

Finley Clark
One of the many club booths you could’ve found around cronin field at tuesdays club fair

On September 19th, Jesuit hosted their annual club fair–an exciting time for students to sign up for clubs that interest them

Prior to this year, the club fair was hosted on Mary’s Way, but the location moved to Cronin Field, making more room for new clubs, and giving opportunities for students to choose between 80 clubs.

Tables were set up along the edge of the field, while students walked the track, learning about as many clubs as they could.

Finley Clark, a media student, interviewed some of her peers at the club fair. She first met up with Annie Duan ‘25 who is a leader of 3 different clubs and is returning to the club fair for her second year.

“This year is going to be a really busy year. I remember last year, we didn’t have [this big of setup]. This year we have 80 [different clubs] out here. I’m running 3 clubs: Green Team, Asian Student Union, and Fashion Club,” Duan said.

Paige Pierce ‘25 introduced a new club this year, European Studies.

“Our plan for [European Studies] is to bring the culture to the school. Because many people know that they’re either German or Polish but no one really knows the culture behind that. So our goal is to educate people about their own backgrounds and about ours, and let people share about their backgrounds as well. We will also cover topics like European festivals, customs, food, and dances,” Pierce said.

Lily Appleyard ‘25 signed up for 5 clubs.

“The atmosphere at the club fair was really positive. I thought a lot of the student body showed up to sign up for clubs. I was really excited about the turnout,” Appleyard said