Preview: Les Schwab Invitational

The most prestigious high school basketball tournament on the west coast, the Les Schwab Invitational, takes place at Liberty High School in Hillsboro, Oregon on December 26-30.

Les Schwab has showcased over 70 NBA players throughout the years such as Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Ben Simmons. This year some big names will take the court in HIllsboro, and Jesuit hopes to prove they can compete with the best.

The Crusaders have not won the tournament since 2003, led by Seth Carver and Josh Carver. The Crusaders took down Kevin Love and the Lakers 64-42. 20 years later, the Crusaders look to get another LSI victory.

After a few close losses and big wins vs the top teams in the state, the Crusaders are ready to go in the biggest tournament of the year. The Crusaders have been proving themselves to the state week by week that they are the top team in oregon. They will continue their momentum in the LSI.

Jesuit has a big task on hand taking on Perry, AZ who is led by five star wing Koa Peat. Peat is the #4 ranked player in the class of 2025. Peat holds 30+ division 1 offers from schools like UNC, Kentucky, and Michigan.

Les Schwab proves to invite the best of the best teams to their tournament every year, all eyes are on the Columbus Explorers out of Miami Florida. A name you might recognize are the Boozer twins, sons of former NBA All-Star Carlos Boozer.

Cameron Boozer is the #1 ranked player in the class of 2025. Cameron holds offers from schools like Duke, Kansas and Kentucky. Cameron’s twin , Cayden Boozer is not too far behind him. Cayden is the #16 best players in the class of 2025. Cayden holds multiple offers as well. The Explorers will take on the Lake Oswego Lakers to open their tournament.

Come out and support your Crusaders throughout the week of the 26-30 out in Hillsboro for some high caliber basketball.