Jesuit sweeps Beaverton and Mountainside in women’s LAX

The top ranked Jesuit Crusaders (9-2) hosted the (5-6) Beaverton Beavers for a Metro League matchup. The Crusaders are in the back stretch of their season, preparing for playoffs game by game. Within only 2 league games left in the year a win is huge for either team.

In the first few seconds of the game junior Quinny Handley picked up a ground ball off of the draw and took it down for a goal.

Crusaders continued to dominate possession throughout the first half and push the pace on the Beavers. Junior Gigi Abernethy owned the Beavers all night at the draw which continued to give the Crusaders a huge advantage. After the first quarter the Crusaders lead 6-0.

Not much changed for the Crusaders in the 2nd quarter. Off the jump, sophomore Taylor Young got an easy fast break goal to pick up right where the Crusaders left off. As the younger players sub into the Crusaders lineup not much changed. Younger players such as Sophomores Kate Gabrielson and Young led the way as the young talent gets varsity minutes in a huge lead vs the Beavers.

“The younger players did really well in filling in roles, players like Vivi Vogt and Hazel Mackey had a lot of goals and did a great job facilitating the offense” Handley said.

After a Dominating game from the Jesuit, the Crusaders take it on Cronin 20-4 for a huge conference win.

Game 2 of the Week

Second Metro game of the week the Crusaders took on the Mountainside Mavericks at home. The Crusaders have all the momentum they need to get a Metro sweep for the week. The Crusaders with a 14-2 record matched up against a 7-6 Maverick team.

The Crusaders came out with high intensity out of the gates, but they slowed their pace down. Finishing the 1st quarter only up 3-2. The Crusaders were not satisfied and quickly turned things around from there.

The Crusaders flipped the switch immediately with Handley and Abernethy dominating the field on both sides of the ball. Scoring multiple goals to put the Crusaders up big. The Crusaders went up 11-3 into halftime.

Since half not much changes Crusaders kept their foot on the gas pedal all quarter long. The Crusaders went on a 6-0 run in the 3rd. Handley finished the game with 6 goals and Abernethy finished the game with 5 goals

“Our team is looking really strong right now and I believe we are really prepared for playoffs” Abernathy said

Final score of this game 17-3.