TEACHER Q&A: Mr. Bobenrienth to teach physics

Lily Appleyard
Mr. Bobenreith will begin at Jesuit in the fall of 2023 teaching physics.

Rafael Bobenrieth, who goes by Mr. Bob or Mr. B, will teach physics this year. This will be his 19th year as a teacher.

Previously, Bobenrieth had taught at Cleveland High School for 6 years, and then Roosevelt High School for 12 years. Mr. Bobenrieth is looking forward to teaching at Jesuit for many reasons.

“My daughter went here so I’m somewhat familiar with the Jesuit curriculum and the Jesuit experience,” Bobenreith explained. “I was really impressed by some of the different things that I saw her experience there and I’m just really excited to be part of this community. They do a great job of not only teaching students but developing them as individuals or persons.”

Outside of teaching physics, Mr Bobenrieth loves to play pickleball. A couple students invited him to help propose starting a pickleball club at Jesuit that is going to meet every other Thursday.

Mr. Bobenrieth is a big fan of Father Greg Boyle. He shares a piece of advice that he lives by inspired by Boyle.

“I really like what he talks about. He talks about kindness as the only strength.”

Full Interview Transcript (Lightly edited for clarity)

How long have you been in teaching?
“This is going to be my 19th year as a teacher.”

Where have you taught prior to Jesuit?
“I taught at Cleveland high school for six years. I taught at Roosevelt High School for about 12 years.”

What classes will you teach this year
“Just Physics.”

What excites you about teaching at Jesuit?
“My daughter went here so I’m somewhat familiar with the Jesuit curriculum and the Jesuit experience. I was really impressed by some of the different things that I saw her experience there. I’m just really excited to be part of this community that does a great job of not only teaching students but developing them as individuals or persons.”

What is something the community should know about you?
“I really love to play pickleball.”

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
“I’m a big fan of Father Greg Boyle. I really like what he talks about. He talks about how kindness is the only strength.”