Mattson wraps the holidays one box at a time

Jane Mattson
Sophomore Jane Mattson operates a present-wrapping business over Instagram

Plowing driveways until your fingers turn blue. Earning minimum wage for chopping down trees all day long. For most people, seasonal work is arduous and unpleasant. However, sophomore Jane Mattson has it all figured out. Rather than freezing in the snow, Jane is operating her own present- wrapping business.

“I have always loved opening up presents on Christmas… and I started to notice how much time my mom put into wrapping gifts,” Mattson said.

After being inspired by her mother’s diligent wrapping, Mattson wanted to learn every conceivable way to wrap presents. When she noticed significant improvement in her skills, she began thinking about how to elevate her new-found passion to the next level.

“When I was an eighth-grader… [I] started my business See Jane Wrap,” Mattson said.

Launched in 2021, Mattson began connecting with clients over Instagram messages. Over the last two years, she has tapped into an incredibly lucrative market, especially around the holiday season. Though present-wrapping might seem trivial to outsource, Mattson says that “during the busy holiday season, it’s one less thing for people to worry about.”

Certainly, her business model ensures the least stress possible for customers. After receiving a message and issuing price-quotes, Mattson collects presents from the customer’s home, wraps them in her studio, and then returns them to the customer, all for a smashing price, and without lifting a finger.

Mattson takes great pride in the variety and complexity of her wrapped presents.

“I have an abundance of wraps, ribbons, and gift tags in all sorts of festive colors and designs, making the present look very aesthetic and cohesive,” she said, offering a sophisticated twist to a commonplace item.

See Jane Wrap is open year-round, and always enthusiastically accepting clients. Mattson is especially excited about the upcoming year, because “[She] ha[s] [her] drivers license, so [she] can now pick up and deliver presents [her]self.” As Christmas draws closer, and clients begin flooding her inbox, Mattson “can’t wait to start.”

Follow @seejanewrap on Instagram, or email [email protected] for all your present- wrapping needs this season.