Writing. Photography. Video. The home of Jesuit High School student journalism.

Jesuit Chronicle

Jesuit Chronicle

Jesuit Chronicle

RECAP: Women’s Soccer Drops Camas (WA) 5-0

Jesuit Photography
Like last season, Abby Cox has helped the Crusaders to a fast start in this season’s campaign.

On Tuesday night, the 5th of September, Jesuit Camas for the first time since the beginning of the 2022 season. Jesuit returned from a 7 goal victory over Cleveland.

The first half featured contention around the Camas box as their tough defense blocked Jesuit’s signature nippy shots. #7, Lane Lee, led consistent drives up the right side of the field, assisted by #21, Claudia Rose.

Jesuit’s Kaitlyn MacLennan scored ten minutes into the game, increasing tension.

Ten minutes later her shot was followed up by Marian Dunne with 16 minutes left.

The rest of the half passed with fiery shots from Camas, but none landed. At the end of the first half, Jesuit 2, Camas 0.

At the beginning of the second half Camas built momentum towards Jesuit’s goal, before Jesuit took back possession to score a third goal by #8, senior Abby Cox, crossing the box and nailing the left corner.

As Camas reset, fights for possession remained close to Camas goal, resulting in their keeper, Riley Hodson, sending the ball to the Jesuit goal without forwards receiving it.

With 7 minutes remaining, Abby Cox followed up on her previous goal to move the score to Jesuit 4, Camas 0.

Less than a minute later, #21 Claudia Rose sank another goal in the right corner of the Camas goal.

Freshman Natalie Webber scored another goal, however it was called offsides.

Camas Captain Parker Mairs led several runs upfield, but to no avail.

Final score, Jesuit 5, Camas 0.