Volleyball dominant in 3-0 win over Beaverton

Mr. Falkner
The volleyball team has been dominant in the 2023 season so far, only losing one game.

On Thursday September 21st, Women’s Jesuit volleyball played against Beaverton, resulting in a commanding 3 sets to none victory.

The volleyball team is currently undefeated in league play and is continuing to battle to the top, fighting for 1st in state.

Jesuit started off strong in the first set with a score of 25-8. In the following set, they stayed consistent and kept their energy high, winning the second set. Finally in the third set, Beaverton came out strong, going back and forth with Jesuit. In the end, Jesuit battled through, finished strong and won all 3 sets!

Lily Lansing, a senior hitter, committed to UC Irvine, shared her strengths and weaknesses after the big game.

“I feel like my biggest strength is having more of a next ball mentality and my biggest weakness is being too hard on myself.”

Sloan Hefendiner, a sophomore setter for Jesuit, talked about her goals for the season. She had a great game and set the team up for success with some great plays.

“I think the goal is to just keep working hard and to keep our strength up. We need to keep putting the work in during practice and games and continue to do good as a team.”