Winter weather cancels games, school

With temperatures low and the risk of snow, OSAA canceled several of Friday night’s basketball games including Jesuit’s men’s and women’s basketball games.

The teams were supposed to play Mountainside High School, the second game of Metro League with the girls playing at home and the boys playing away.

Keep an eye out for the rescheduled games as they will both surely be competitive and helpful to winning Metro for both the girls and the boys.

Coming off a three-game win streak, the boy’s varsity team looked forward to playing a 7-5 Mountainside team. They currently sit in second place in Metro behind a thriving Southridge who have a record of 13-1. The two powerhouses are scheduled to play Thursday the 18th.

In a similar fashion, the women’s varsity team was coming off a four-game winning streak before Friday night’s canceled game and were hoping to clinch a win against the 6-7 Mavericks.

Likewise, the girls also sit in second place behind the Southridge Skyhawks who are 10-2 and will play on the 18th at Southridge.

Meanwhile, Jesuit High School was released early this last Friday due to the pending snow and below-freezing temperatures.

Many questions have arisen in the last several days on how Jesuit will handle finals this upcoming week if there is snow and ice. With Martin Luther King Jr. day Monday, finals aren’t scheduled until Tuesday which gives room for the temperature to rise and melt any hopes of snow days away.

Make sure to double-check the weather app and your emails as announcements will be sent out if needed and don’t bank on finals being canceled.

For tips about studying for finals, make sure to check out How to Best Study for Finals by Quinny Handley.