Volleyball moves through the first round of playoffs

Lauren Butorac
The front line has performed well throughout the season.

An aggressive game by Jesuit senior Emma Williams and a 13 point service run for junior Jackie Carle were able to propel the Crusaders above the Jefferson Democrats for a first round playoff win.

The first set was a breeze for the Crusaders, winning the set 25-7.

Almost every Crusader was able to find a way to contribute on the court and help lead the crusaders to a commanding first set.

Senior Tiana Takayama made an impact from the service line, going on a 6 point run.

The second set was not much different.

Jesuit took an early lead with the help of the three headed dragon up front: sophomore Sadie Ross, Senior Lilly Lansing, and Williams. Williams had a handful of impactful kills, Lansing got involved in the front row, and Ross made her name known to the Democrats to help the Crusaders claim the second set.

Entering the third and final set, Jesuit had every piece of momentum.

However, Jefferson came onto the court with a new motive: Win or go home.

Jefferson kept it close through the first half of the set with impressive plays from junior Leila Nunez. It did not last long for the Democrats, though, as Carle went on a 13 point service run from the line and helped the Crusaders advance to round 2 of the playoffs.

With the hopes to keep dancing, the Crusaders play the #16 seed Grant Generals this Saturday in Knight Gym.