Class of ’25 takes the flag football crown for the second time

Screenshot
The women’s flag football game resulted in the class of 2025 victorious on October 21st.

For the second year in a row, the class of 2025 ended the flag football tournament victorious. Playing the first game of the night, the junior class took on the sophomores as the seniors and freshman warmed up. The final score was 14-0 with juniors taking the clear victory.

Seniors then took the field, determined to make a comeback after the double loss from the previous year. Within minutes, senior running back Mary Cunningham scored their first touchdown. She went on to score 2 more throughout the game.

“I’d say Mary was like a secret weapon because she didn’t play last year. She’s incredible: fast, agile, and she seemed like she knew what she was doing. She’s a very strong runner, she was just really in the game,” said senior Quarterback, Lucy Maddocks, on Cunningham’s stellar gameplay.

Maddocks additionally went on to score a touchdown against the freshman later in the game. The senior-freshman game ended with a score of 28-0.

Following a brief half time competition between the coaches, juniors and seniors lined up for their final match of the night. To the seniors, winning the game meant a final chance to prove themselves after last year. And for juniors, a win would potentially lead them to a consecutive two year victory.

“I think we were definitely anticipating a win, coming off of last year,” junior Quinny Handley said.

The juniors began the game confident, and scored within the first couple minutes of the game. The seniors’ successful plays in game 1 were quickly stopped by the junior defensive line.

“Our biggest asset was our defense, I think they really stepped up making some interceptions and some key sacks on the quarterback,” continued Handley.

For the second year in a row, the class of 2025 was victorious in the annual flag football tournament. With their final year on the horizon, will thejuniors hold their win streak for a third year?

“We’re only gonna get stronger from here,” Handley answered, anticipating the future for the reigning champs.